Monday, June 29, 2009

Family Trip in The Land of 10,000 Lakes

Last week my family and I packed up our Dodge Grand Caravan with cloths, food, tennis rackets, and biking gear and headed for my grandparents house south of Minneapolis. Our stay was mostly to visit family, but my dad, my brothers and I slipped away almost every day to ride a wonderful trail system at Lebanon Hills (just a short drive away). There are not many mountains in Minnesota, however the local trail designers still managed to create a delightful ten mile loop full of perfectly smooth swooping singletrack studded with occasional built obstacles. The loop takes you over several bridges, a couple rock gardens, and a teeter-totter. Obviously a good time was had by all participants.
I would also like to note that my dad, pictured below, just turned 50 this year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are not a whole lot of 50 year olds still doing this kind of thing.













No comments:

Post a Comment