Thursday, July 9, 2009

ORAMM??

So, I've never done a race like ORAMM before. Some 50 milers sure, the Swank too, but ORAMM is a little bigger and a little badder than those. 60 miles, 11,000 feet of climbing and some pretty sweet technical descents. So, since I am hanging in Swannanoa with little to do but bike for the next month I am doing some specific prep to make sure I'm ready to go. Yesterday I did Curtis Creek, a really long gravel road that climbs from Old Fort up to the parkway, and then road the parkway south back around to Wilson. Five and a half hours on the bike later and I stumbled home. See, I knew Curtis Creek would be hard, but I didn't really remember how much climbing would be left once I made it to the parkway. A few thousand vertical feet left to be exact. So, from Old Fort at 1,400 feet to close to 5,500 on the parkway, with a few ups and down thrown in for good measure. What fun - but I guess that's how you prep. Curtis Creek is going to be hard, some fireworks on the 26th for sure. Hopefully, between me, Aaron , and Tullulah, Wilson riders will be showin' everyone how its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment