Friday, July 24, 2009














So, as I continue to read posts about the ORAMM, I realized we haven't posted any pictures in a while. The one above is off Curtis Creek, the race's biggest climb. Nine, count 'em nine miles of gravel road climbing a few thousand feet from Old Fort to the Parkway. It comes about midway through the course, and yes, it is going to really, really hurt.





We do eventually get some reward though; we get to ride down Heartbreak. See the huge ridgeline, yup, that's the one. It will be a highlight.
There is also another Wilson name on the registration list, local legend Pat Hurley is doing the ORAMM on a rigid steel 69er with an ovalized head tube. Makes me feel like a cheater. I'll be loving my suspension fork on this descent though, after a probable four plus hours on the bike, a little cush with be pretty nice.



Like Aaron, I am planning on suffering like crazy on Sunday, so its nice to remember that once in a while things go well in races. This spring David Bishop and I won a six hour race outside of Charlotte; it was awfully fun to stand on top of the podium. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to snag one of the lower steps on Sunday.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment