Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You know what's cooler than Arkansas? The ORAMM

Almost every day I look at the "Registered Riders" of the Oramm website, and every day I can't believe my name is on it. I'm feeling generally conflicted about this upcoming weekend, alternating between excitement and abject terror. One thing that makes me feel a little better, is that just a few spots below my name is Matt Williams'. It's nice to know that at least we're in this together. Well, we'll be starting it together, very shortly after that Matt will jump to the front, and I'll wallow in the middle. Matt's going for a top result, while my goals have been constantly diminishing over the past week. At first I wanted to get somewhere around 100th place and finishing the race in 6.5 hours. Then I had a bad crash and realized I might not be at my best, so I altered it to somewhere around 150th. Now I just hope I can finish the damn thing. I imagine by Sunday I'll want to be able to DNF without medivac assistance.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Aaron, I know your East Cost race is soooo... much cooler than anything I could attend here in buggy old Arkansas. You don't have to rub it in. On the plus side there are less racers here, so goals like 100th place are highly unnecessary. See you in a month.

    ReplyDelete